Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Takeuchi TB260 thumb

csthompson12 ยท 2021-04-18 12:35

Hello, where would you recommend getting a thumb for a TB260? It has a tag bucket and coupler.. thanks!

Replies4
  1. #1KSSS2021-04-18 14:55

    Take a look at the HPF prolink thumb. Its an excellent thumb. Website isnt the greatest but they make a heck of prolink thumb.

  2. #2csthompson122021-04-18 22:49

    Thanks, KSSS.. they do looks nice, ive never used the link style before. The only other one I'm looking at is made by showtime fabrication on ebay. Not the link style.

  3. #3KSSS2021-04-18 23:04

    If you dont use your thumb much, you can save some money by going with a direct link. If your setting rock walls, clearing timber or picking up a lot of concrete, the prolink is worth every penny. It allows greater articulation for picking items. I would never go back to a direct link.

  4. #4suladas2021-04-19 00:56

    Never used a pro link myself so I don't know how good it is but I do a lot of concrete removal with my mini and i'm happy with the direct thumb. I am curious to try one out, I can't see how it's much different. I think part of it also comes down to the value of the machine and how much you want to spend on a thumb, and how many hours you put on the machine.