Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Takeuchi TB28FR Idle Load High

ImJay ยท 2025-01-02 17:17

Hi team, Machinist here, not a hydraulic or diesel guy. Seeking some pointers for the following: Takeuchi TB28FR (with aftermarket quickhitch - this is plumbed in to where P1 port would of been - on the top in yellow) that sits on considerable load when the hyd safety lever is engaged. Machine idle hyd lever off (fine no noise load) -> Engage hyd safety (pump under load with quickhitch lines visibly under pressure) -> Engage both track motors (noise load reduced with flow) -> Machine idle hyd lever off (fine no noise load). Measured and reduced the relief valve pressure on P1/R1 which stopped the load, but at that point, there was no boom pressure for functions (returned to normal). I had to go a full turn and a half so I'm leaning against an internal bypass on the QH cyl stopping it from hitting the relief threshold, but only an assumption. I've attached a photo of the main system pressure outlets and a physical photo. I don't have a gauge set to see what is happening, but will get one for the future. Any pointers or recommendations to start with? (this machine was given to me with no drives, system, oil, diesel pump rack stuck. I've run several cycles to remove system air, hyd system was cleaned and all cylinders rebuilt with external bypass tests done). Thanks all. Happy holidays.

Replies0

No replies yet.