Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Takeuchi TB290 vs Cat 308 2cr

mattynj1 · 2019-10-30 16:10

ive been studying these two machines on paper specs, and they seem very comparable to each other, i love my Takeuchi skid loaders, i feel they are the best on the market place however would love to hear pros and cons btwn these two excavators as i do not own any Caterpillar From what ive read, the Tb290 is slightly lighter, but has a higher lift load and dig depth. Would love to hear some feed back thanks. specs for both units https://www.takeuchi-us.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/TB290-Trifold-Optimized-July_2017.pdf http://s7d2.scene7.com/is/content/Caterpillar/CM20181002-32771-62524

Replies3
  1. #1mattynj12019-10-31 06:39

    sorry but this fourm should have tumbleweed emojis blowing......lame.

  2. #2Tags2019-10-31 09:25

    The lack of responses is probably a good indication that not many people on this forum have either one of those machines … I personally don’t see many 308s or 290s close by me. I have a TAK 260 that I love, and I wouldn’t even look at a cat due to not so great service my Cat dealer provides to a small contractor. If you’re serious about buying new, call the Takeuchi dealer and the cat dealer and get a demo of each sent out so you can run them side-by-side, also figure out who the best dealer is to deal with as far as support, that’s what it really comes down to in the end.

  3. #3mattynj12019-10-31 09:32

    thanks for the reply....the post only got 2 views in 24hrs....maybe im on the wrong site. Thanks for the sound advise, I think Takeuchi is top of the line..also have read Cat just guzzles fuel...