How prehistoric is a Take TB800? I've found very little searching the net and YouTube, and the few pics I've found show an orange and black color scheme. The one I'm looking at is grey and red like the newer machines. Any idea on value for these? Thanks!
Likely 1980's something. Get the serial number and contact Takeuchi USA for the year built. I would think the value for them is in the $6,500 to $12,000 range. If you go to the Takeuchi USA web site, hit the search inquiry on the far right, then type in "Archive" under the search. Then hit archive page and then you can look at the spec. for this 4,300 lb little machine.
Thanks for the info. I think we figured out it's a 1991. I went and looked it over, the young guy owner is not mechanically inclined, and has owned it about a year. I quizzed him about any issues with the hydraulics and he said there are none, but there was something strange about travel. He raised it up on one track and ran that track. It moved about 24 inches then did a 'slap', and then did it again in the same distance. He said some people told him the tracks were too tight, but they looked OK to me. They also looked nearly new. As I studied things, I saw the problem....tracks don't match the drive sprockets. The sprocket teeth don't line up with the tracks. First one does, then they progressively get out of pitch. Wrong tracks! He was really happy to learn this, and admitted it was kinda the reason for selling it. He wanted $6500 for it. I see the ad is gone, so don't know if he sold it, or is keeping it now. It started well, with no signs of leaks, and was repainted to modern gray and red colors. Also had a powered thumb on it. The track problem scared me off......