Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Takeuchi TL11r3 coming soon!

skata · 2022-08-22 01:36

I have no info on it. Just someone posted saying it's here testing.

Replies14
  1. #1Txhayseed2022-09-01 23:11

    Wish takeuchi sold more of its line here in the US. Europe/Asia has such a bigger product line. There dumpers are really really good. Every once in a while one will pop up for sale here in the states.

  2. #2Mike Britts2023-05-05 00:09

    Drove that machine today in Virginia and was not impressed with the EH controls on it. The display and 270° camera system were nice as well as the air ride seat but once you operate a machine with pilot controls it's hard for an EH machine to compete.

  3. #3MG842023-05-05 21:31

    I'm surprised they went to EH controls, I was looking at Tak loaders last year and they were really touting how superior the hydraulic pilot controls were (which I would tend to agree with). Is Kubota the last one still using hydrualic pilot controls on thier loaders?

  4. #4Mike Britts2023-05-05 21:34

    Correct, Kubota also uses a closed center variable displacement hydraulic pump. I informed the salesmen that if they don't improve the controls a TL12V2 will be the last one I buy

  5. #5ozarkag2023-05-05 22:45

    Is the Kubota 75-3 still pilot controls? Seeing as they advertise adjustable controls I had to wonder.

  6. #6KSSS2023-05-05 23:13

    I am not surprised by Taki going to EH controls. Everyone else has like 10-15 years on them. The technology has improved immensely from where it started, so waiting has its advantages. Taki was going to have to figure out EH at some point and it appears that's what they are doing now. Kubota will be next. EH gives you the ability to totally adapt the machine to the operator, instead of a pilot machine which is the exact opposite. You can switch patterns without the issues that pilot controls give you when switching patterns (Komatsu owns the patent on the best way to switch patterns on a pilot skid steer and apparently they refuse to sell it). Soon everyone will be EH and so it wont matter. It takes a little time to adapt to EH but honestly if you take the time to adjust the EH to the response you like to run, and the OEM has done a decent job on the controls, it doesn't take long forget about pilots. There is less to go wrong with pilots but there are a lot of advantages to EH. If EH couldn't compete with pilots, OEM's wouldn't be running them, yet all but one does.

  7. #7keif2023-05-05 23:18

    EH also puts much less heat into cab models so the AC had less work to do. Those pilot lines get hot! I really thought the new 300 series excavators were going to have EH controls but looking at the brochure for a TB350 it appears they stuck with pilots.

  8. #8skata2023-05-06 00:42

    Do you know anything else? Weight? Hp? Release date?

  9. #9MG842023-05-06 14:12

    I'd argue that manufacturers don't care what the customers think, the EH controls are a lot cheaper to build so they force it on us weather we like it or not.

  10. #10skata2023-05-06 17:12

    That's what I'm thinking. A lot cheaper to do EH.

  11. #11Tags2023-05-08 19:42

    Sure is cheaper…..for the manufacturer. Just wait til a mouse eats the wires or the manufacturer wanted to save 2 1/2 more pennies so they make the wiring harness almost long enough on the whole unit causing rub throughs or connector failure’s. Sounds like a blast to diagnose 6 years into owning an EH machine. And yes, I know I probably sound like a grumpy old man, and I do understand that the EH controls allow for some neat functionality, but it costs less to build, yet still costs us more…

  12. #12MG842023-05-08 23:11

    Story on a similar situation, rodents can wreak havoc on any modern machine, EH or hydraulic pilot controls. My father bought a new Kubota kx040 excavator, cab model, all the features, etc. A rat chewed the main wiring harness up rendering the machine inoperable. Took it to the dealer and by some miracle they covered it under warranty, cost Kubota $15k to fix it.

  13. #13hseII2025-06-09 20:38

    https://www.lubyequipment.com/wp-content/uploads/2025/05/TL11R3-Brochure.pdf Looks like the brought the TL10R back out & increased the hp while adding EH controls. I’ve been kind of wanting a TL10R.

  14. #14Mike Britts2025-06-09 20:43

    There it is, I hope they have the controls tuned better than the prototype from a couple years ago.