Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Takeuchi TL12

ChuckWilson · 2020-09-17 07:41

Hoping to be in the market for a new machine within the next 6 months I have a SVL 90-2 now and want to upgrade. I like the roll up door of kubota, tak, and gehl and have had very good luck with my 90 but wouldn’t mind a little stronger machine and have heard of issues with the SVL 95. I know opinion thread can open up a can of worms sometimes but would like to hear what y’all think of the Takeuchi? Thanks

Replies10
  1. #1Vetech632020-09-17 08:07

    I don't operate the machines for a living but I do repair most of those so....... 1. The Kubotas I have seen here have been mainly plagued with emission issues. Other than that they have been pretty good machines. The saving grace on the emission problems is Kubota warranties that system for 5 years (I think). 2. I only have one Tak that I see and it has been relatively a great machine. It did develop a few small hydraulic leaks but nothing major. 3. I have a few Gehls here and they have been pretty good machines also from a repair/ downtime standpoint. I dont think you could really go wrong with any of those. My suggestion would be to buy from a dealer with the best service, parts, and product support. It makes all the difference in the world.

  2. #2ChuckWilson2020-09-17 09:12

    Thanks for the info

  3. #3KSSS2020-09-17 09:15

    Taki has had similar DEF type issues as Kubota (same engine in both). TheTL12V2 is a beast of a machine, I think it weighs around 12K. If you want more machine, this is pretty much as big as it gets.

  4. #4ChuckWilson2020-09-17 09:20

    I’ve had one emissions issue with my 90 but the 5 year warranty covered most of it. The kubota dealer here has been good to work with and also the Takeuchi dealer here is good too. I have time to decide I’m just doing a little home work.

  5. #5ChuckWilson2020-09-17 09:21

    When I bought my 90 I never dreamed how handy it would be. I use it for everything lol

  6. #6KSSS2020-09-17 09:31

    I forgot to mention the BC 870. Don't hear much about them good or bad, but they are big. No roll up door obviously. The CASE DL550 when it releases will be around 15-18K pounds depending on options. The specs look good.

  7. #7ChuckWilson2020-09-17 09:33

    Bobcat is out, our dealer here is terrible. The man I work for on the side from time to time bought one year before last and it gave him a fit. It was strong strong when it was right tho.

  8. #8KSSS2020-09-19 18:19

    Yea that is why BC was never an option for me, the dealer is terrible here as well.

  9. #9skata2020-09-19 22:43

    Taks are tanks and you can put many hours on them. I'd say emissions is a weak link of the newer machines. And only a dealer with a diagnostic scanner can troubleshoot them.

  10. #10KSSS2020-09-19 22:45

    Sometimes not even then. The dealer here has a TL12V2 they cant fix. Its the dealers machine, and they got no solutions and apparently neither does Taki. I dont know the details of it, but it sounds bad.