Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Takeuchi TL12 Voltage Drop

Jeff Eady · 2023-11-27 18:33

Hello, I have a 2014 Takeuchi TL12. Over the weekend, I opened up the cab to clean out underneath the cab due to running a mulcher often. Afterwards, I closed the cab and went and tried to start the machine. When I turned the key on, I got no lights on the panel and no crank. I checked all fuses front and rear. I got my volt meter and started checking. I have 12.6 volts at the ignition switch with the key off. Once I turn the key on, it drops to .7 volts. I have checked for 3 days to find a wire or ground broken but I haven't found anything. I would appreciate any help or advice that you can offer. Thank you all! Jeff

Replies5
  1. #1Arny L2023-11-27 20:50

    Obvious question would be to ask if you checked your battery pos and neg cables for clean and tight connections.

  2. #2Jeff Eady2023-11-28 12:01

    Yes Sir, they are. It’s weird that it was running fine and then shut it off and it won’t start back. Could it be the switch?

  3. #3Arny L2023-11-28 14:26

    Just to test ign switch, take your volt meter attach pos to small terminal on starter solenoid, ground other lead. Have a helper turn switch to crank position, you should see 12v give or take. If not, the fact that everything worked prior to lifting cab, perhaps a connector or wiring harness was disturbed. Do you know how to do voltage drop test on cables?

  4. #4Jeff Eady2023-11-28 14:31

    No Sir, I do not know how to do that.

  5. #5Arny L2023-11-28 14:55

    Try the switch test, just to see if your getting power from switch to start wire. Have someone sitting in seat. You may need a wiring schematic