Does anyone own 1 of the new TAKEUCHI TL12V2 at all ? Cheers
Not an owner but work for a dealer, what's up?
+have there been any factory upgrades to the auxuially hydraulics at all regarding the flow to the crowd / lift circuit when using an attachment ?
I am going to Conexpo this week. I will be talking to Taki I can ask.
Does it lose lift power when your operating an attachment and trying to lift the loader arms at the same time?
It originally loss flow at the attachment when being used and asking it to either use the crowd / lift function. Now they have done a fix , it lose's flow to the crowd / lift circuit , making it very slow to operate when using an attachment and it doesn't matter if it's low/ high flow being used.
I mean there's only so much oil to go around so it has to be prioritized somehow
sorry , i didnt reliase that you where a dealer of sorts The previous TL12 model had the same amount of oil and they got that one right ..... just the joys of buying the first .. they got to test and refine it somehow .
No worries man I'm just a tech I thought you had problems with both the 12 and the v2 my misunderstanding, does the V2 have active power control? That can cause the exact complaints you have, if it does try switching it off and see if you have any improvment
i have tried turning it on and off , no difference Tak need to sit down again and have another think about it . The tl12 was a great machine , this v2 will be a very nice machine once they finish sorting out a few minor issuses. If you only done bucket / dirt work , you will not notice anything , if you use any attachments and kno what you are doing , you will notice it . All my work is attachment only , i dont use a bucket at all . Cheers
I will pass it along to technical next time I speak with them,
Cheers , i think they are having meetings about it at the moment
I have the answers for you. PM to follow.
keen to hear if this is as good as it gets or wether they can / will sort out the issuses cheers jim
anyone else in the tl12v2 yet ?
Muellermarine ... by turning the active control on , excatly what does that do ? I turned the active control on yesterday and it has seemed to solve the oil in the attachment problem , even though i thought the active control has nothing to do with auxuilly and only works on the drive system . Seems i have another issuse with the machine being that the when i am using a sweeper attachment and using the detent button on the handpiece , sometimes the detent doesn't work , i have now gone to using the slide switch above it until they can sort out what is wrong .... which nobody knows . Cheers
New owner of a TL12v2, machine moves dirt! Sadly I put a Harley rake on it and I'm having all sorts of problems Hydraulic flow wise when I try moving the arms. having a tough time finding any information as to what the problem is. Anyone from Takeuchi in product support worth talking to? Our Tl140 was my first love, moved up to a TL240,exellent machine as well. Moved up to the TL12v2 and didn't expect any problems what so ever.
There is a priorority valve that has to be installed , depends what serial number number your machine is to wether it is a factory install ... also rollers / idler as well
Is that what they installed on your Rockman? I heard about the valve, I just didn't like the thought of purchasing I new machine, and right out of the box it needing extra valving . Also do you have any detail on what the new front idler looks like. I did a demo on a Kubota 95 and the one thing I liked about there bottom was that they put the two groove in the front and single in the back. I was hoping Takeuchi's update had something like that. Any help is much appreciated!
Rockman what are your overall thoughts on the TL12V2?
Unfortunatly you do need the valve , it wont work well without Go back to the dealer , they all know about it and it is free for you . Mine missed out on the rollers and idlers because it was not in the recall .
KSSS, 650 hours in and have a better idea on the Takeuchi TL12v2 Would I buy another Tak , maybe Would I buy another V2 ... NO ! ... For my line of work , Profiling and getting into Mulching , the slop that is already coming into theri vertical lift system is not funny , it will not be nice at 3000hrs if it makes it . As for the back-up from Tak , leaves a lot to be desired . My machine was the second v2 sold in Australia , seems i missed out on the front idler / triple flange roller upgrade and whatever other things Takeuchi wont tell you about , you seem to have to find out yourself and then give your dealer a hard time . What will I buy next ... no idea ... Takeuchi is built solid , just this model that needed to refine it before they released it onto to the market so the customer is not the one fixing their problems .
I agree with the slop, I pushed out an equestrian riding ring, 100'x200' and after stripping topsoil and cutting grade to desired elevation I noticed more movement in the lift arms. Ive now got 300hrs on it and I'm starting to think I was better off with my TL240, or should have stepped up to a TL12R2 instead of the V2. Its a shame because the machine has so much potential.
Is it possible that you guys can tell me a round abouts time that you let Takeuchi know about the problems that you were having with the machines?
1 hr after i first used it , took them nearly 3 months to get it sorted
Do you have a date in which you purchased it. I don't like the idea that my dealer may have known there were problems with the model before I got mine and didn't mention it and sold it anyway.
I brought mine in the end of November last year.
so what kind of slop you guys noticing? boom move side to side? twisting? how often you greasing? lol
grease 2-3 times a day sideways slop going to get worse when i start mulching the tl12r2 might be a nice machine with the radial lift instead of the vertical lift
Any updates on the slop you all are experiencing? Anyone purchased an 18 or 19 and see the same issue? Thanks
I have since brought another Takeuchi TL12V2 , bout 12 months ago , got 800 hours on it now , all using a 1000mm asphalt profiler head , slop is about the same , no issues with the machine
Recent my dad bought a TL12V2 and has had a problem with the machine wanting to turn left without even moving the joystick. We didnt let that get in the way of work and just work that day. Well after working with the machine it didnt have the problem anymore. When we started it the next morning it starting wanting to turn left again. Anyone have any ideas on what could be causing this problem? Also the machine sounds like its still wanting to send hydraulic fluid even when we lock the hydraulics.