I am working on a Takeuchi TL230 S/N 223100378 that has a starter circuit problem. The problem started off acting like a bad starter solenoid, which made the starter not stay engaged and would re-engage, grinding off the teeth of the starter and ring gear. Replaced the solenoid and key switch, which did not fix the problem; I found that the wire on the key switch that goes to the starter solenoid is not the same color or size as the wire that engages the starter solenoid. (I am not talking about the solenoid on top of the starter.) With a jumper wire, I can make the starter relay and starter function properly. The wire on the Key switch is black-and-white striped, about 16 GA, and the wire at the solenoid is red with a white stripe, about 20 GA, which makes me believe that there is another solenoid somewhere. So my path of electricity is KEY SWITCH---?---STARTER SOLENOID RELAY----SOLENOID ON STARTER. Any one have any ideas where the ? solenoid/switch might be in this thing before I start dissecting the wiring harness would be much appreciated? Thanks in advance Maurice.
No replies yet.