Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Takeuchi tl130 left track won’t turn

branden castellano · 2023-02-15 14:36

Hello everyone I am new to this group and will appreciate any help/ advice I can get. So I just purchased a 2007 Takeuchi tl130 that is having issues turning to the right and going straight. When cold it turns right but not perfect. I would say it last about 5 mins before it starts to slow down on the right turns. When cold it still can not go in a straight line. When I accelerate to full throttle it will turn but not perfect. But if you hold the joy stick forward it makes a big circle to the left and same thing in reverse. I was told by the dealer over the phone that I needed to replace my drive pump. I’m new to this and don’t know where to start. I don’t mind getting dirty and taking it apart but I want to be sure where my problem is before replacing anything for no reason. Any help I can get with this issue is greatly appreciated!!!!

Replies10
  1. #1Arny L2023-02-15 15:20

    Check your hydraulic filter for any signs of metal or silver oil, its quick easy way to visually check the health of your system.

  2. #2branden castellano2023-02-15 15:22

    That was the first thing I did when I brought the machine home! I drained all of the hydraulic fluid then changed both the pilot filter and the main filter. The fluid looked clean from a visual inspection and so did both of the filters.

  3. #3Acecadet2023-02-15 20:06

    Case drain checks are going to be in order. The amount of oil flowing out of the case drains on the suspect motor and pump should help narrow down the problem. I found a parts book on the web but I don’t know your serial number to be sure I’m looking at the right configuration. Here is a pic of the lines for your drive system the hoses marked DR are the case drains the motors are separate but it looks like the pumps must share one. I would plumb the offending motor case drain to a bucket and run the machine to see how much oil is flowing out. You said it takes a few minutes for it to act up, so I would get the system warm before performing any testing.

  4. #4Acecadet2023-02-15 20:07
  5. #5Arny L2023-02-15 20:47

    You have to cut the filter open and stretch out the pleats to really see whats getting in there, if any. You could have a brake thats not releasing, track roller thats seizing, low pilot pressure, joystick problem. If nothing in filters, I would block machine off the ground, and operate tracks unloaded, see if you can hear or see anything, see if it behaves any differently.

  6. #6heymccall2023-02-15 20:49

    Drain hoses circled. You might as well buy a BSPP cap and plug kit while you're at it. I picked this one, because the only one on Amazon doesn't have enough for my liking (I use them a lot as I have 7 Takeuchi).

  7. #7branden castellano2023-02-19 10:38

    I’m going to try and test the case drain today and see if I can tell if it’s low pressure. Do you have any recommendations on a pressure test kit? Just in case I can’t tell by eye.

  8. #892U 34062023-02-19 10:42

    Case drain is a volume check, not a pressure check. You want to see how much oil is bypassing the motor element and being put into the motor case.

  9. #9branden castellano2023-02-19 10:48

    sorry but I’m new to this and don’t really know much about hydraulic systems!!! So if the volume of fluid coming out of the case drain port from either side is relatively the same what would my next step be? And if it isn’t the same and one side is significantly lower in volume what would that mean?

  10. #1092U 34062023-02-19 10:57

    If case drain volume from each motor is roughly equal under the same conditions I would move on to checking the pumps. If one motor has a significantly higher amount of case drain oil when compared to the other motor, the motor with the high amount of oil coming out the case drain has likely failed.