Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Takeuchi TL140 Aux Hyd – Only 1 direction works – replaced solenoid

Matt Hyatt ยท 2018-03-27 21:04

I'm only able to get the aux hyd to open or close my grapple - (if I reverse the lines) but I can't get the grapples to open and close. When I hit the A1 line - at idle, it will put a load on the motor, but when I hit the A2 button, it just clicks. So when I popped the cab, I noticed that only one of the lines was jumping that was coming out of the proportional valve solenoid valve bank - so I replaced the solenoid, and it's still just clicking - and not sending fluid to the back side of the solenoid bank - which goes to the half inch aux line. my 4n1 will open, and it will close when I hit the other button, but I think it's because the weight of the bucket pulls down on it and even though the line just clicks - it must allow the fluid to return. The other weird thing is that my neighbors grapple I could open and close a month ago - so the only think that would make sense is that his cylinders are worn it and takes less force to open and close? Unless something broke after I used his. Any idea where else to look? I'm totally new at all of this- any help would be greatly appreciated.

Replies1
  1. #1JD88752018-04-08 17:43

    On your left side behind the joystick tower are two buttons to control the auxiliary hydraulics and switch from one way hydraulics to two way hydraulics. Check and see if the switches are depressed and or lit up. Both switches should be in the up position to run a grapple or two way cylinder. Good luck John