Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Takeuchi TL140 hard starting losing prime

Jerrad Simmons ยท 2023-07-09 15:30

Just wanted to put this on here in case anyone else runs in to this problem. I was having a heck of a time starting my 2007 TL140. I ended up having the pump and injectors rebuilt. Which the pump definitely needed rebuild. It would stall at half throttle and a small load on the machine. However after rebuilding pump and injectors I still had with hard starts when it would set for more than an hour. I ended up replacing all of the fuel hose from the water separator to the lift pump, from the lift pump to the injection pump and the hose from the separator to the injection pump. After replacing all of them I bled the system and ran it for about 20 minutes. All of the fuel hose that replaced was worn out and allowing air in the system which would cause it to lose prime. Hopefully this helps someone.

Replies1
  1. #1Georgia Iron2023-07-15 21:30

    Thanks for taking the time to post this.