Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Takeuchi TL140 hitch height different than everyone else? Problem for more than grading?

Matt Hyatt ยท 2018-02-06 01:12

I just picked up a new Tak TL140, have a lot of clearing and grading to do with the recent fires that took out my neighbors homes in California and some of my property - seems like the taks are strong pushers... I've been researching the heck out of 4n1 buckets - come to find out (watching a video on everythingattachments's - construction attachment 4n1), that the hitch height on the bucket needs to be different than most of the other CTLs. So I called Construction attachements - found out that the loader stops won't engage if you have a hitch that his too high or too low - I went out and verified, turns out that the cat bucket that came with my loader is pretty close to 2 & 19/32 inches from the ground. They told me that you want the loader on the stops when pushing hard - makes sense, to take the load off the cylinders. Bobcat is 4 1/8 from the ground , case is 6 inches (meaning the buckets' hitch height for those equipment need to be that high off the ground) They are the ONLY ONE that I can find that cares about this -seems odd that no one else mentions this. I tried my neighbors skidpro 4n1, with a 6 inch height - soon as the bucket hit the ground - my loader was 2 inches still from the stops - so good example. Does this matter when using other implements that you push hard? I just ordered a bad arse root grapple, all AR400, extra beefed up - planning on pulling, pushing, rooting, etc pretty hard with the 10k tractor. I get it regarding getting the bucket to sit flat and for grading.

Replies1
  1. #1Tags2018-02-06 08:29

    Yes, for some reason Taks attachment plates are a bit different than others. You always need to mention it and then mention it it again and make sure the manufacturer knows that when ordering attachments. When pushing it is meant to have the loader arms against the stops.