Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Takeuchi tl140 Hydraulic fluid and drive motor fluid question

loudaccent ยท 2024-11-20 23:59

Good afternoon I've browsed this forum for a while now never really needed to post anything if I saw a answer. but now I'm a member so I work for my local city I'm a diesel tech of 18 years and currently work out a a city service truck to service equipment. okay now my question is with my Takeuchi tl140 I've seen in old post people talking about TOD 10w oil and such for hydraulic fluid my question is I have Cat Hydro adv 10w hydraulic fluid that is the fluid the new cats call for and I know it's pricy but I have it so wanted to use it in my Takeuchi as a full flush and replacement . previously it was serviced at the dealer before I got it I know back in early 2000s oils where different so what it called for back then was okay but there are better oils now days for machines under warranty, so Can I use the Cat Hydro adv 10w .. I've seen by others they do recommend the 10w weight just clarifying on its okay to use by some of the experts I've seen in here that use them.. also what would be the current best drive motor oil. I don't care of the price I just want what will hold up for the year like I've seen it's good to change it often rather then have a drive motor break down . Thanks in advance

Replies4
  1. #1PeterG2024-11-23 18:08

    Year ago I called Takeuchi USA and talked to one of the tech service guys. I told him I had a TL130 and two Takeuchi mini excavators. For the hydraulic fluid he said to just use Diesel engine oil. So for years I have used Mobile Delvac which has worked just fine. You might want to give them a call and see what they say. There are also some other threads here with some good suggestions.

  2. #2Tacocoochie2024-11-25 21:52

    Those machines specify 10W-30 diesel engine oil as hydraulic fluid, for the sake of convenience.

  3. #3loudaccent2024-11-30 09:25

    Yea I guess the manufacturer would recommend the diesel Oil since that's what it suggests in the manual it's just times have changed with age and new fluids with diffrent additives are better and since CAT puts a 6000 hr interval on there Hydro advance 10 hydraulic oil i figure it be good I'm not saying I'm going 6k hrs on it but at least I figure it be the best option and I haven't seen anyone suggests that .. just a bunch of old tractor oil that's 10w TOD 10w

  4. #4loudaccent2024-11-30 09:28

    Exactly Definitely convenient, but with a machine like 20 years old and I've seen plenty of people useing just reg hydraulic fluid i was seeing from the guys who know the fluid properties because everyone says it should be 10w which is what the hydro advance 10 is . I just want to make sure there isent conflicting additives.. also needing to know what everyone is useing it there drive gears I will change often because it's cheap insurance but wanna use the best correct stuff