New battery, tried a new and rebuilt alternator, replaced charging relay i believe and still not charging. Also not sure if its connected to that problem but glow plugs are cycling properly, replaced timer and relay and only cycles a few seconds and light goes out. It won't start in cold weather. Thanks for any help
I don't know anything about Tak's, but was excitation voltage to the alternator checked? The Tak guys will be along shortly to help.
On mine if you turn key counter clockwise for the glow plugs, the light comes on for only a couple seconds but if you keep holding the key, it's still preheating. Kinda dumb with the light going out quickly ..... Makes you think preheat is done. Hold the key counter clockwise for 20 seconds or more if real cold. As for the alternator, I'd be inspecting the wiring. Not sure if there's an external voltage regulator. Do you have a manual? Give me your email and I can send you one.
Not service manual. [email protected] Thanks
Sent
65 amp fuse by radiator was blown
mine is not getting excited, i can jump it and it charges fine. [email protected] if someone a a manual copy that would be great
I have one with the same issue. Did you find anything. I'm hoping someone can send me a manual or electrical schematic for it.
Sorry, It's been too long for me to remember what it was. The battery might of been ruined by the replaced alternator and a second/ third battery with second alternator most of done it. I remember doing a relay by your feet but that might of had to do with glow plugs. Possibly did one by the radiator. My local dealer is helpful on the phone with problems on it
it was the relay, located under the front cover in the cab by your feet.