Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Takeuchi tl140 skid steer

Beverly vernon · 2020-06-15 10:24

Looking for wiring schematics for takeuchi TL140 skid steer. Serial #21403914. It will not start replaced battery and starter. Any help would be appreciated

Replies38
  1. #1skata2020-06-15 14:31

    Give email and I can send you manuals. Is it cranking? If so, I would look at fuel shutoff solenoid, and the wires going to it. Remove undercarriage panel to access it. You should see it move with ignition on.

  2. #2Beverly vernon2020-06-15 15:11

    Thank you . Email address is [email protected]

  3. #3Beverly vernon2020-06-15 15:12

    It will click but that's all

  4. #4skata2020-06-15 22:20

    Have you tried putting 12v directly on the starter solenoid? And i sent you manuals .

  5. #5Welder Dave2020-06-15 23:18

    What brand of starter is it? If a Nippondenso the contacts in the solenoid may have arced and need to be sanded to smooth copper.

  6. #6Beverly vernon2020-06-16 00:03

    No I have not tried that and thank you for the manual

  7. #7Beverly vernon2020-06-16 00:04
  8. #8Beverly vernon2020-06-16 00:04

    Not sure but I will look tomorrow

  9. #9heymccall2020-06-16 00:19

    OP says starter was already replaced .

  10. #10Welder Dave2020-06-16 02:34

    I had a ND starter rebuilt with OEM parts by the ND distributor and it acted up shortly after so it could be a solenoid problem but I don't know what brand the starter in question is or what the quality of the replacement is. I will not go back to the shop that rebuilt my starter. I took it in on a Thu. or Fri. and said I don't need it till the following weekend. On Tue. I get a call it's ready. It cost $279.00 for a starter for a 43 HP Kubota! I said I wasn't expecting it to be that much and the women says they put a rush on it. Yeah, they added at least $100 extra for a non required rush too! When it was acting up a week after I installed it, I was going to take it back and throw it at them but decided to take the cover off the solenoid and saw the arcing on the copper contacts so took the plunger out and sanded them. They rushed it alright, didn't even clean up the plunger shaft from slight rust to make sure it slid easily. Even supposedly good shops can cut corners and mess things up.

  11. #11heymccall2020-06-16 09:31

    Can the current starter be bench tested?

  12. #12Beverly vernon2020-06-16 11:41

    I received the manual. It's great but doesn't show the electrical diagram so I can trace the connections

  13. #13Beverly vernon2020-06-16 11:42

    Yes not a problem.

  14. #14skata2020-06-16 14:51

    And I sent you Look in the parts manual. It shows a little more of the electrical and relays.

  15. #15jimpad2020-06-22 21:57

    You might check the battery neutral cable where it connects to the chassis, mine was jacked up to the point where only a few strands were connected. Finally burned out.

  16. #16philipjd12020-06-22 22:47

    You need to check 12volt wire to starter for 12volts when key is turned to start position)voltmeter as close to starter as you can,I would start their,you either have good voltage to starter and starter bad/or you don't have good voltage to starter when key in start position-meaning fuse bad)switch bad)ground bad or loose clean it.if starter cylinoid is on starter check for 12 volts at cylinoid when key is in start position.

  17. #17Emitch202022-05-17 20:16

    I have a TL140, looking for manuals if possible. Have a few issues I’m trying to resolve! Thanks

  18. #18skata2022-05-18 12:48

    What's your email?

  19. #19Emitch202022-05-18 16:20

    [email protected] Thank you!!

  20. #20Kevin682022-05-28 10:25

    Tl140 need manual Ser number 21401003 Email [email protected]

  21. #21Kevin682022-05-28 15:50

    Dear bee I see you problem if you have a battery load tester hook it to the cables on battery try to start if it falls out then you might have just bad connection then go to starter do again if it fells out hook up jumper cables to start post on battery and starter and ground engine if it cranks up one of the two is bad dis connect one at a time neg or pos this will tell you if the cable I s bad let me know if this helps

  22. #22Kevin682022-05-29 00:39

    Thanks for the manuals shop not helpful but parts manual page 86 Katie bar the doors I will get this fixed

  23. #23Chris Lewis2023-01-08 21:21

    Can someone send the tl140 wiring diagram page lll-45 mine got covered in grease today Trying to figure out why I keep blowing lever fuse, when it blows I replace it and blows again anywhere from 1-10 minutes [email protected]

  24. #24jimpad2023-01-08 21:31

    coming to you

  25. #25Chris Lewis2023-01-17 19:56

    So I’m still blowing fuses the hotter it is outside the more I seem to blow, could a bad resistor cause this problem, once it cools off for a little while it will work for a little while If you replace the fuse right away it will blow it as soon as you turn the key Could I swap the resistor for the one way resistor Takeuchi wants $225 for the resistor assy they only sell it as a unit of all three

  26. #26jimpad2023-01-17 20:00

    have you check the wire bundle by the muffler where the cab hinges? Mine was worn through there.

  27. #27Chris Lewis2023-01-17 20:03

    Yes, all looks good but I’ll check it again in morning

  28. #28jimpad2023-01-17 20:10

    which fuse is blowing?

  29. #29Chris Lewis2023-01-17 20:13

    30amp that controls the lever lock I believe it is #8

  30. #30heymccall2023-01-17 20:31

    Have you checked the lever lock solenoid itself? Does it get hot? It's one of these two. The other is rabbit/ turtle travel. I'm pretty sure that it's the bottom circled one (the standoff one with a Tee is rabbit/ turtle.)

  31. #31heymccall2023-01-17 20:33

    As far as resistors go, can't you swap one for another? Or, actually ohm test them?

  32. #32Chris Lewis2023-01-17 20:33

    Yes dealer said it was bad so I replaced it and I still have the problem

  33. #33Chris Lewis2023-01-17 20:36

    What should they read if I remember it was at 2.4 ohms

  34. #34Chris Lewis2023-02-27 21:30

    So my problem got worse today, turn key blows lever lock fuse, I thinking I have a wire shorted of I unplug relays lever lock solenoid, turn key blows fuse there is 2 green and white wires that run from the front to the back of machine but I can’t find where ( 1 goes to the proximity switch) Should the gw wire be grounded and should the rb be grounded

  35. #35Zac832024-11-14 13:50

    I have a Takeuchi tl140 I went to start it up and it turned over but then it died now I’m not getting any power to the key switch or the gauges. The battery is good and the connection is good. It turned over a couple times then it died and now it’s not getting any power to the key switch any help would be greatly appreciated

  36. #36heymccall2024-11-14 18:59

    Does the interior lamp, on RH side of cab, work? If not, the main power fuse link is suspect. #2-10 in attached. One or the other, both are red, and 45 amp. 1701330045

  37. #37Welder Dave2024-11-14 19:55

    I had a Hino truck that had a 40 amp fuse on the start circuit. I didn't know about it and had a loader pull start the truck when it wouldn't start at a job site out of town. I talked to a place with a lot of Hino experience and they said to just use a 50 amp fuse instead. Never had a problem again.

  38. #38Zac832024-11-15 08:23

    Thanks I really appreciate it and no the lamp doesn’t work so I think your right I’m gonna try it and I’ll let you knows th aka again