Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Takeuchi tl150

05rammer ยท 2014-11-05 20:47

I am looking at buying a tl150 with 2400hrs on it is there anything I really need to look at that goes wrong with them? Is there any problems with the 150s. It does have a cab but the add doesn't say if it has ac, haven't called on it yet. Any help would be great. Thanks

Replies3
  1. #1Georgia Iron2014-11-11 06:42

    You can check the play in the boom arm bushings at the bucket. Check the hydraulic rams for scratches. Check the boogies and rollers for wear. Take the air cleaners out and check the inside of the intakes for dust. Listen to the motor before it starts for a lope indicating a loss of compression Listen to see if the hydraulic pumps whine. Look at the engine oil. Raise the cab and check the interior of the engine compartment for obvious leaks etc. Check the grease fittings with a grease gun to see if it takes grease. See if the starter motor hangs and ask if it has this could indicate a worn out rubber coupler from motor to pumps. 8 hour repair.

  2. #2Aceofspades2014-11-17 20:05

    Did you look at it, how did it go? What year is it? What are they askind if you don't mind. I dont have any advice, I'm window shopping those right now is all. Good luck with whatever you end up getting.

  3. #305rammer2014-11-22 19:36

    It sold before I got a chance to look at it. I would up finding a good deal on a high lift instead.