Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Takeuchi TL150 Hard to Start

Down 2 Earth ยท 2014-10-16 14:25

I have an '04 Takeuchi TL150 and is very difficult to start. Once it is running there are NO problems. To start I have to crank for approx 20 seconds which can't be good on the battery/starter. Otherwise I have to give a quick shot of ether which I really don't like to do either. Filters have been changed and this didn't help. It seems to be even more difficult to start when the machine warms up. I let the key on this time around to let the lift pump "charge" the fuel system wondering if maybe an injector or something was losing pressure but again no change. Any thoughts on where I should start?

Replies3
  1. #1dirtmonkey2014-10-18 10:21

    Check the solenoid. May not be opening and closing all the way. Had the same prob on ours.

  2. #2Down 2 Earth2014-10-18 10:38

    Assuming you mean the fuel shutoff solenoid? Looking at a parts breakdown appears to be mounted on the fuel injection pump? Thanks!

  3. #3dirtmonkey2014-10-18 10:54

    Yes. Sorry for the short answer, I'm traveling. There is two deferent types of pumps so , two possible solenoid if I remember correctly. Hopefully some one will come along with more technical info for you. Good luck. It is a simple swap from what I remember. BTW , EITHER IS NOT RECOMMENDED. The pump shop said to use Wd40 instead. It atleast will lubricate. And smoke like an SOB ! Just FYI from my experience.