Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Takeuchi Tl150 hydraulic problems ( boom drifting)

Willys · 2013-10-10 18:08

Hello, I have a 04 Takeuchi TL150 , recently we rebuilt one of the cylinders on the boom. After the repair the boom is now seeping down. It goes down faster with weight in the bucket. Im wondering if something got into the system and is not allowing a solonoid to close. Does anyone know where to look? I did clean 3 of the solonoids but im not sure they were the right ones. Also, the lifting andbreakout force seems to be about 75% of what it was. Any help on this would be a big help since this thing has a complex hydraulic system.Thanks.

Replies9
  1. #174inchShovel2013-10-11 10:50

    The first thing I would need to know is if this problem existed prior to rebuild. The answer to this question will narrow things down quite a bit. From your post it sounds like it did not.

  2. #2Willys2013-10-11 17:21

    Thanks for the reply. if it did leak before the repair It was not as noticeable I could service the machine without having it come down. It seems the more i run it the worse it gets. My Guess is the oil is thinning out when it hot. When its cold with the bucket empty and fully raised it will take 15-20 minites to leak down.when its hot and loaded less than a minute. So to answer your question, it started after the repair. But I didnt notice it until I had about a day on the repair. Thanks again.

  3. #3mikebramel2013-10-12 17:23

    Sounds like the piston seal is cut

  4. #4Willys2013-10-12 17:51

    That did cross my mind, but it looked good going in, I guess it wouldnt hurt to pull it back out and see. Thanks.

  5. #5bob4552013-10-13 15:20

    If a piston seal is out you can tell by taking a heat gun to the cylinder. Remember any hydraulic oil that is not doing work will make heat!

  6. #6Willys2014-07-24 23:47

    Hi, I'm still dealing with this problem on my Takeuchi Tl150. (For a year now)It's now so bad that the machine is almost useless. I did pull that cylinder back off and all looked good inside. I also removed the bucket control assembly and took it apart, cleaned it and it didn't fix the problem. I called a Takeuchi service dept and they didn't recall this symptom before. It seems to me that there is a internal leak somewhere, I'm leaning toward the float valve but I haven't been able to locate it. Any ideas anyone? Thanks.

  7. #7lantraxco2014-07-25 00:34

    Have you checked the cylinder that has not been rebuilt?

  8. #8Willys2014-07-26 01:00

    Yes, it looked good. I also checked the solonoid so for the float function and replaced the orings. It seemed like it may have slowed the drift. I just now noticed when it drifts down it will curl the bucket cylinders to their extended position since there is no bucket on it and the weight is loaded on the rack, also thinking back those cylinders would drift to while the boom was up. So something has to be holding the system open slightly, right?

  9. #9DJZ0012023-10-04 15:16

    Did you figure the problem out I’m having an issue similar to this but only when you pull back on the pilot control