I visited Supertrak last week and I saw the tl250 now replaces the tl150. The odd thing was the same Yanmar Motor was down on hp to 93 or 94. I guess they have more emmissions clogging it up. Does anyone have experience with the new tl250? I also learned the the 150's are history.
The TL250 now uses a 3.8L Kubota. The Yanmar has been dropped and the Kubota engine is waaay down on engine torque compared to the Yanmar.
You are right,I forgot about the salesman telling me it has a kabota motor now. I'm shopping around for a CTL for mulching,ASV PT 100 was one of my other considerations.
for mulching you are nuts if you dont go with the asv....unless you have the coin for a supertrak
Yep,them supertraks are high $$$$$$,they sure are purty tho. Tell me about your ASV experience,(the good,the bad,and the ugly). More than likely thats what I'll end up buying.
I don't know much about mulching but I do know that ASV recently released the PT100 Forestry. It comes standard with a pressurized cab, reversible fan, hinged belly pans, and a bunch of other standard item specific to making it perform better in brush cutting applications. Sadly my RC50 does not have the nuts to run a big head but I have been very happy with it since I bought it.
i would kill for hinged belly pans on our rc100....we love our machine tho...i would recommend going with the full forestry kit despite the extra cost...we have one on ours and we have still managed to bang it up and GET THE LEXAN DOOR..i had a near death with a 3inch diameter stick because of cheaping out on the $1k door option....only problems we have with ours is keeping it cool....i think that there are aux coolers avilable for the newer machines and they would be worth their weight in gold to us...
I agree with you about the thicker lexan door. Someone told me about a guy mulching, when and a tooth broke off,came through the "thin" lexan and he got 200 stiches in his leg! I think he upgraded to the bulletproof 3/4" door after that. Thanks for the info.
I wouldnt kill for a forestry machine, but I sure lust for one.