Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Takeuchi tl8

tbaero153 ยท 2016-03-29 16:39

I was dropping my Tak excavator off at the local dealer today for scheduled PM. One of the salesmen approached me and asked if I would like to take a TL8 back with me to the job I am on and run it for a few days. Hey, I am not one to pass up the chance to earn some money with a free to use machine. Never owned a CTL or ran them either. I must say this thing is a beast. The dealer just got in the new TL12 vertical lift machine and the video online does not do this machine justice. It is like no other CTL I have ever seen, I read on here some guys were waiting to check them out. I will say you will no be disappointed. That being said has anyone recently bought a new TL8 and if so are you happy with it. I cant say enough good about the TB153FR i own and have been pondering adding a CTL. Any opinions either way would be appreciated. Thank you

Replies2
  1. #1KSSS2016-03-29 19:26

    Good to hear your thoughts on the TL12V2. I have had three TB153's. I don't think there is a more versatile 6 ton mini ex on the market. It is an absolute money maker. Make sure you let TK know that they need to come up with a replacement for North America for that machine since it has been discontinued. I am going to try and stretch my 2012 out until they release it's replacement.

  2. #2tbaero1532016-03-29 20:05

    KSSS, we were discussing this very thing today and my dealer told me Tak is coming out with a new FR model, it will fall between the 138 and the 153. right now they are only planning on offering this size excavator. Also a vertical lift TL10 and TL8 will debut later on this year. I will back fill a foundation tomorrow and then see how the TL8 can load out my dump. Today I was using it to back fill underground electric service and the machine performed great. But not sure if I should hold out for the vertical lift model.