Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Takeuchi year by serial number

empty pockets · 2024-12-14 09:37

I just gave the equipment company the go ahead to transfer a new Takeuchi 235-2 excavator from a different town to StLouis for me to purchase. On the signed contract it just said new 235-2 but didn’t say the year. The salesman when I ask told me hesitantly it was a 2024. I have the serial number, it’s 9 digits.There is no info online that makes sense to decode it. Can anyone help? The # is 123605244. Thanks…

Replies2
  1. #1heymccall2024-12-14 09:49

    The best I've ever been able to do is read the emissions/ timing sticker on the valve cover of the engine.

  2. #2Welder Dave2024-12-15 01:33

    I'd try calling another dealer or Tak. directly. Don't have to say it's at a dealer. Just that you think it's not as new as someone is claiming.