Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

tall operators in cat d6k

HFP30 ยท 2013-07-08 13:05

Anyone else have problem with the controls because your legs are to long. There is no up and down adjustment that I can find.

Replies5
  1. #1dirtmonkey2013-07-08 19:01

    What are you wanting to move up and down. The seat or controls ? Or both ? My 08' D5k controls will telescope in and out. The arm rest will move up and down. The seat is air ride. Is this a new or older 6k ? They may have changed things.

  2. #2HFP302013-07-08 22:39

    The controls. I know how to make them go in and out. Just wonder if they can go up without airing up the seat. Its an 08 model. I usely run a dozer with all the air out of the seat because im so tall my head gets close to the roof, but this one I cant because the control s go down to.

  3. #3dirtmonkey2013-07-09 06:44

    Lol ! Sorry dude ! That's gotta suck. Don't know what to tell you. I know the armrest is adjustable but I'm not sure that's gonna do you any justice. Maybe some one else will have another suggestion. By the way , welcome the forum :waving

  4. #4Aussie Leroy2013-07-09 07:36

    HFP30; I have 2010 D6K LGP and i'm not tall 5'11'', and my seat is air up/down seats rite back arm controls are fully extended and only just have room, Great dozer plenty power just a bite tight in the cab. Cheers Leroy

  5. #5LDK2013-07-22 11:18

    I agree with you. It irritates me that you cannot raise or lower the levers independently of the armrests/seat. I also wish they could get more feel into the blade control, maybe have it so that you could adjust the resistance/tension on the lever. Really miss the feel of direct hydraulics. Russ