I have a 30ft tandem dual flatbed that i use pretty hard and pull very heavy with it for severral years i own and used it. I flat out love this trailer and unfortanaly I have worn the suspunsion system pretty dang good so its in need to replace the entire suspunsion system out, it currently have 42 1/4" axle spacing, 4 inch hangers 2 1/2" slipper springs equalizer is 18 3/8" front to rear hanger is 70" front hanger to equalizer center is 35" same for the back. I can not find me a equalizer of the same size unless i switch to 3" springs. I been thinking hard as I pull it and heavy as i load it maybe i should add a 3rd axle on it behind the current tandem and can put more weight on back of trailer not have it buck or make truck to light. I constantly load it down up to 40,000lbs Gross weight and tare around 18,000lbs. Currenty have no issue with tires, stoping etc just thought it would be nice for extra braking power and spread the weight out a little. was wondering if anyone has messed with a triple axle duals gooseneck flatbed before and their experinces. I have seen several of them and the guy says they pull really smooth
Here's the pictures
What is the make and GVWR of the trailer?is it a ten or twenty ton? And do the springs mount to the ragged out holes? Seems like a fab snob could make some heavier versions of those pretty easy or go back to the manufacturer for new ones? I think adding a third axle is going to wreak hell on the rear set of tandems, if it's ruining the equalizer bar now with two axles, the third axle is really going to torque hard when turning sharp with the trailer.
22,500lbs is the manufacture GVWR sticker on the trailer. I know for a fact it's a pair of 10,000 lbs axle . I have the serial number off the axles and I can get a whole new suspension assembly from redneck trailer supply. The equalizer is built little different not having a round pipe but a curved metal of some kind for the slipper spring end. I have semi cattle pot with a 10' 1" spread axle and I haul lots of heavy loads they do torque freaking hard and horrible and I've watched guys with triples and they dont look like they torque half like a spread n the guys says they turn nice n pull steady I'm just using the same principle as the semi version.
Triaxle trailers tear the crap out of tires
ETRAILER can supply all the pieces rather than buying all new. Trailer is light enough can invert it to work them over and replace as needed so not such a big expense. Center rockers, spring saddles, just measure and write down ALL the measurements leaving the center support masts in place simple fix.
I checked e trailer out n I have an account with redneck scince I work on alot of cattle trailers on n off and it's hard to beat redneck prices n I'm sure etrailer buys from redneck. I've decided to replace what's on my current trailer and build me a 35 or 40ft with triples axles with a lift on the front axle. With air ride I do appreciate ya all input n thoughts