Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Tappered pins

Bvill01 · 2021-01-17 17:41

What’s the best way to remove tappered lower pin on my bobtach?

Replies6
  1. #1colson042021-01-17 19:43

    When I changed the tapered pins and bushings on my 753 bobcat, I removed the grease zerk for the tapered pin on the bobtach. Then I loosened the bolt on the outside of the loader arm that screws into the tapered pin a turn or two and tapped it with a heavy hammer (32ounce ball pein). Removing the zerk allows the tapered pin to go into the bobtach housing and clear the end of the loader arm. Loosen bolt a little bit more, tap bolt head to drive pin in further.

  2. #2Bvill012021-01-20 22:05
  3. #3Bvill012021-01-20 22:07

    Do you remember how much you torqued them pin bolts ?

  4. #4colson042021-01-21 10:14

    I think the spec is 250 ft-lbs, but @willie59 might know better than I do. If I get some time, I will try to look for my bobcat service manual and look it up.

  5. #5Bvill012021-01-22 14:03

    Thank you

  6. #6Bvill012021-01-22 14:42

    @willie59 do you by chance know the torque specs