Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

TB 135 Hydraulics Just Stopped Working On Jobsite

Heavy Chevy ยท 2020-11-07 18:13

I have a TB 135 and was working on a jobsite using the disc mulcher head. Everything was working fine and all of a sudden the hydraulics just quit. The travel pedals locked, nothing hydraulic will move. I just has the main pump rebuilt early summer and even bought a new auxiliary pump. I started troubleshooting by unloosening a hose fitting at the pump and no burst of fluid shooting by....tank is full of hydraulic fluid. What could have occurred? I checked the fuse panel for a blown fuse....no issues there. Help!

Replies6
  1. #1Heavy Chevy2020-11-07 18:52

    I just checked my service manual for troubleshooting and it stated that since I have no functions at all...it is either the pump or the coupling. I am praying that it is the coupling especially since I just had the pump rebuilt several months ago. My next question is, can I remove the pump enough to get the plate off and remove the coupling without having to drain the hydraulic tank and remove the bottom feeder hose?

  2. #2Bls repair2020-11-07 18:59

    Safety lever problem,key switch problem? Check the easy repairs first then work to hardest.

  3. #3Heavy Chevy2020-11-07 19:58

    I checked the safety levers on both sides; however, if I remember correctly, the blade still works even if the safety levers are up. When I loosened two hoses on top of the pump.....I got no high pressure spray which i think it is either the pump or the coupling gone bad....I hope the coupling since I just had the pump rebuilt a few months ago. I hope that I can remove the two bolts holding the pump and pull it out of the way enough to remove the flywheel cover and be able to remove the coupler.

  4. #4tool_king2020-11-07 23:35

    Blade of not mistaken will still work .Double check the safety switch .I have see the wires break causing the pump to not stroke.Easier them pulling pump off .

  5. #5Heavy Chevy2020-11-08 07:04

    In my case, none of the hydraulics are working. It seemed as if I heard a little noise just before I lost hydraulics. I loosened two hoses on the pump while running to see if I would get hydraulic spray but I got nothing. I went to the book and it suggest that either the pump went bad or the coupler. I hope it is the coupler. Gonna go to the site today and see If I can remove it as I don't think the pump is turning at all. I'm just hoping I can get enough clearance to remove the pump without disconnecting the main feeder hose as I hope I don't have to drain all the hydraulic fluid out. Does anyone know if you can disconnect the pump enough to pull the flywheel cover off and then check the coupler?

  6. #6Heavy Chevy2020-11-08 18:32

    Well, I found out my problem today and it was worst than I thought. The pump shaft sheared completely off......gotta buy a new pump now.