Takeuchi TB175 fuel problem?. This machine, at times, bogs down, loses RPM; all fuel filters have been changed and we do not have a fuel problem with other equipment. This is somewhat intermittent. It will run fine for hours, and then start "bogging" down. Any ideas? thanks.
When it loses power will eventually die completely? If not and you let it idle for a few minutes will it return to normal again? Or if you shut it off and restart will it be fine for a while? I'd start with checking fuel pressure, run a gauge into the cab and see if it drops off when its bogging, if you are loosing pressure you could tee in a vacuum gauge in the suction side of the lift pump to see if there is a restriction from the tank. Something might be swimming in the fuel tank restricting the supply, then falling off when you shut it down until it finds the pickup again.
Dean I have see stuff get caught in the inlet of the water separator filter and under the hand primer .Take off the screws .Be very careful when taking apart you don't loose the primer check parts .But I am sure you will find stuff packed in there or the inlet .I have found all kinds of stuff like plastic drills from fuel tank ,bugs ,plastic wrapping from fuel filter wrap .Any questions call me at 908-305-8457 . thanks Ed