Are there alternate places other than a Takeuchi dealer to acquire TB 260 ac parts. Specifically, compressor, dryer, condenser, or as they call it evaporator? I realize lots of parts are by their very natures the compressor proprietary. Nippon Denso makes the compressor. My compressor locked up and I would like to take this opportunity to do the repairs myself. I’ve got the gauges, vacuum pump and 134-a to do the work . My experience has been on my trucks ac, can’t see where the process could be much different. Thanks for any help or info…….
I have never tried to get aftermarket parts for a Takeuchi before. I always sort of assumed that one of the biggest selling points for a Takeuchi was the low initial price and the budget minded price point of parts. I feel the same way about Case/New Holland. To be honest, I have done a lot of a/c work on Takeuchi machines and have been less than impressed with the quality and longevity of the oem parts. I have had a lot of luck with Chinese aftermarket parts for a/c parts for Cat, Komatsu, Hitachi, etc. If you can finagle the oem part numbers from your dealer, maybe you can search them out on the internet from outfits like "Fridayparts.com". Good luck.
Um... I often conflate them. But, condenser and evaporator are definitely different components but I may just be drunk.
Do you have a part number or a photo of the part?
These are the parts I am looking for. Most especially decompressor. The compressor from Tackeuchi is close to $650. I was hoping I could find another compressor that wasn’t from Tackeuchi itself but rather from a secondary source. Thanks so much.
That V-shaped belt is also in stock.
You could try AP Air. I’ve had good luck getting A/C parts through them.
How do they do with communication? I've tried contacting them and their phones seem to be not working currently.
Can't reach them either by phone.
Can you maybe find the Denso number on the compressor and Google that number? It's worked for me at times in the past. Might be a common part and available at auto parts staores.
I haven’t had issues in the past, so I don’t know. You have to buy through a dealer, but I always got someone on the phone to answer questions. I actually have one of their kits sitting in my shop right now. I bought it through Vanderhaags and it’s missing a hose. Waiting to hear back from them.