Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

TB-285 Self adjusting track?

Seans problems ยท 2018-07-10 08:53

Some of the equipment I have at the shop is from the 70's and 80's but one of the mini excavators I have on hand is a 2013 Takeuchi 285 mini excavator. How do I go about adjusting the track after it fell off?

Replies6
  1. #1heymccall2018-07-10 14:45

    The adjuster is pressurized by a regulated hydraulic source. Machine in low travel speed, remove side frame tin cover, loosen the jam nut on stem approx 1/2 turn, loosen Allen stem approximately 2 to 3 turns, push idler in fully (digging bar or excavator bucket). Install track (I prefer to put gearbox end on first). Tighten Allen to snug, tighten jam nut to snug, place machine in high travel (rabbit), and operate that track. Replace tin cover.

  2. #2Seans problems2018-07-10 15:09

    Man, that's pretty neat. Thanks for your help. Guess I'll be looking into getting a manual for it.

  3. #3heymccall2018-07-10 17:23

    Why not download one Here https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...FjAKegQIAxAB&usg=AOvVaw3g3EuThz2iJvFyXyOsd9TK Page 5-68 (206 in PDF pages)

  4. #4Seans problems2018-07-10 18:01

    Holy smokes, Thanks!

  5. #5heymccall2018-07-10 18:12

    Next, you'll probably ask for a parts manual Here https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...FjAAegQIARAB&usg=AOvVaw2gBTSgwwo1n2J5knqx3cqC

  6. #6Seans problems2018-07-10 18:17

    Ha! jokes on you, I found that one on my own! Really though, thanks for the help, especially finding that repair manual for me.