Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

TB015 won’t start

elmo ยท 2016-10-28 09:40

I have a Takeuchi TB015 that won't start. It turns over but will not fire. There is no smoke coming from the exhaust when turning over, I tried a shot of either and still no go. It was running well about 2 months ago when parked. Fuel is good . I thought a possibility might be the fuel shut of solenoid is bad? Any Ideas were to start. Thanks

Replies7
  1. #1melli2016-10-28 11:48

    Drain the water from fuel filter? How full is tank? I would suspect air in line...the hand pump has a crack or fuel lines...I'd bleed line from tank. The solenoid is easy to see if working, by simultaneously cranking engine and having a look at fuel shutoff solenoid to see that it moves. Edit : Missed the ether comment...no compression or glow plugs. Have enough juice in batteries? Swap relay for glow plugs to ensure it isn't a bad relay?

  2. #2thepumpguysc2016-10-28 11:56

    All the Takuchi's I'v worked on, the problem has been the solenoid was inop.. had to trace it down to fuses/relays. Don't assume the solenoid is BAD.. you can jump it w/ a few wires and battery source.. OR unbolt it..

  3. #3elmo2016-10-28 11:56

    fuel is all most fuel and has had a conditioner in it. The solenoid is attached to the pump and the plunger is internal.

  4. #4thepumpguysc2016-10-28 11:58

    2, 10mm bolts or 2, 5mm allan screws.. easy..

  5. #5elmo2016-10-28 12:06

    so I can unbolt the selonoid from the pump and see if it starts? If it does not start does that mean the relay would be bad? all the fuses are good.

  6. #6thepumpguysc2016-10-28 12:13

    Yup, just unbolt it, the sol. is spring loaded to shut-off.. and needs power to pull the rod to the run position.. If its a bad solen.. the pump should pump.. Is the sol. a 2 or 3 wire..?? Unless the pump has a manual shut off lever, you'll need to put the sol. back in the hole to shut the engine down.. If you don't want the engine to start and just see if its pumping, loosen ALL the lines AT THE INJECTORS..

  7. #7elmo2016-10-28 12:44

    The solenoid is a 3 wire.