Hi everyone, I noticed that the slew motor on my machine is leaking a little. My manual does not mention a lubrication capacity, etc so I'm assuming that the motor is lubricated by hydraulic fluid? I want to make sure I keep it lubricated either way. I've attached a picture of the motor, its leaking from the large flange. Thanks!
Takes gear sae 90 weight API GL-4 or GL-5 Capacity is 1.2 us qts or 1.1 litiers .There ia a A port and B port .A port is for draining and B for filling .That will a plug that you have take out .Check oil with level guage .
Thanks Tool King. I'm having a hard time locating Port A and B. There is a 6mm allen bolt in the base of the motor that I am assuming is the drain plug n(port a)? There are two 8mm allen bolts on the upper part of the motors on opposite sides, are these the b ports? Is the gearbox on this motor rebuildable? Could I just replace the seal? Thanks a lot!
If its just leaking a little hydraulic oil, I wouldn't worry about it, just keep an eye on it and fix it when ever you have to start adding more hydraulic oil. Also the swing motor and geardrive on my B6-3 yanmar only use's hydraulic oil....no gear oil, at least that's what I've been led to believe, but after reading tool_kings post, maybe I'm wrong, as my swing motor looks similar to yours.