Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

TB135 play in swing?

roadrunner81 · 2011-07-19 23:06

I've got a 2006 TB135 with 650hrs, been an awesome little machine so far. I noticed while doing some in shop service that when the machine is on level ground bucket raised there seems to be some play in the swing brake or gear. I've not measured the amount but seems from memory that if you push on the counter weight it might move from side to side 3/4"-1". I'm worried that there may be a problem in the reduction or brake, is this normal or not? thanks

Replies5
  1. #1roadrunner812011-07-21 20:34

    Any thoughts?

  2. #2cat9432011-07-22 05:56

    It’s normal for a small amount of movement in the swing gear to stop it binding….

  3. #3Allgood2011-07-22 07:53

    I completely agree.

  4. #4lectro882011-07-22 23:18

    I want to say my 05 135 has about the same amount of play. boom extended several inches. I'll double check and follow up.

  5. #5lectro882011-07-31 23:09

    Ok, I remembered to check slop in swing. It was 1/2"-1" Max. So you should be fine. Hope this eases your mind.