Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

TB153FR Electrical problems? Need serious help here I’m at a loss.

Jeremychips · 2025-05-20 22:54

It’s been a nightmare hunting down the solution to this issue and I’m at the point of needing help! So here we are. Symptoms: -Thumb controls, rabbit/turtle button, idle button, tracking beep are all intermittent. Sometimes they all work, sometimes not at all. -Sometimes the thumb will activate on its own and close/open and not stop, bogging down or stalling the engine. -All warning lights come on seemingly at random. Shutting down the machine and immediately restarting it usually makes them go away. Sometimes I have to wait a few minutes to restart, like when the thumb goes off on its own. -Idle button and turtle/rabbit will sometimes light up on the display but not actually activate. Today the rabbit/turtle button started to idle down the engine, like these two buttons wires are crossed. -Sometimes there will be a warning beep, but no warning light on the display. Troubleshooting I’ve done: -New ECU -New alternator(it was reading below 14v output so I do think it was going bad, but probably unrelated). -Removed and cleaned ground from frame to battery. -Checked continuity from ECU ground to battery and various places on the chassis. All good. -Checked voltage from thumb buttons which measured 4.8v. Is this normal and and am I correct in thinking the ECU reads this low voltage, then sends a signal to aux solenoid? -Manually applied 12v to aux solenoids to operate thumb and it worked flawlessly. -Swapped around relays near the battery to no avail, but did not thoroughly test or replace them yet. -Checked all fuses. -Horn button does not work. Applied 12v to horn which does work. Anyone have any other suggestions?

Replies0

No replies yet.