Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

TB260 starts, won’t operate.

csthompson12 · 2023-11-03 09:18

Hi, I have a '15 Takeuchi TB260. It starts up, but that is it. Does not operate, no controls work, no throttle, no gauges, hour meter etc... I have checked wiring, fuses. I am pretty sure my problem is the module/controller box that is located under the seat area. The part looks to be 1200$. Wanted to make sure it was the problem. Has anyone had a similar problem, and had a module/controller go bad?

Replies8
  1. #1csthompson122023-11-03 12:18

    Anyone have a PDF of the service manual for this?

  2. #2heymccall2023-11-03 13:10

    Has you checked the fusible links?

  3. #3csthompson122023-11-03 23:07

    I believe so, but I will double check. Thank you

  4. #4csthompson122023-11-07 16:11

    Fusible links are good. I am still thinking the controller is bad. I did find the service manual and flip through it. No mention of how to test/condemn the controller that I could see. I'm not sure if I should take and chance at it for a $1200 part and try it myself, or take it to the dealer at this point. I'm sure they could probably tell if that was the problem pretty fast.

  5. #5csthompson122023-11-23 08:24

    Got it back from the dealer, it was a faulty controller as circled above. Seems unusual for this part to fail. The part was 1800$.

  6. #6Rob Beers2023-12-25 19:48

    I have the exact same problem. I think I ruined it trying to jump start it without a big enough jumper cable. At least the problem started right after that.

  7. #7BigAl'sDirtWorks2023-12-28 08:45

    Thanks for the follow up to let us know what the answer was. You know it's gonna hurt any time you go to the dealer, but glad they were able to get you up and running.

  8. #8csthompson122024-01-01 20:59

    Hmm mine has dead battery now and then. Wonder if those modules don’t like the battery being jumped. My module under the seat went bad. They have a couple led’s on them that blink when the key is turned on. On mine they did not blink so that was one clue.