I tried connecting my flail mower for the first time to my TB260. This is the first time I have ever had anything connected to AUX1, so I'm probably just doing something wrong. Here it is connected to the TB260: Other side where the case drain is also connected: Not sure what the purpose of the cross pipe is, but I left it on there as others seems to do the same: I did turn the valve by the tank to allow one way flow: The hydraulic motor turns easily by hand and when I press AUX1 A or B, I see each hose going to the flail mower stiffen up.
I have it cranked to 150% on this screen: And I have tried both the jack hammer and mulcher attachment type here: When I press A I see it go to 150% here: Likewise, when I press B that indicator goes to 150%. Any idea why the hydraulic fluid won't flow through the motor to spin the attachment? Any tests I can perform to see what the issue might be?
I disconnected the hoses at the hydraulic motor and put them in buckets. Both buckets started filling, so I got flow right at the motor. I'm starting to think that in addition to manually opening that return valve by the tank, there's a solenoid that's supposed to engage to allow the oil to return to the tank through the valve, and that's not working, or, the computer is not sending it 12V to engage. So I think my next step is trying to figure how to troubleshoot that possibility.
Looking in the service manual, it looks like I need to familiarize myself with the following section and try to learn what's going on.
2nd page: Ugh... I'm hoping I'm just doing something wrong on setting it up on the computer screen for one way flow and I don't need to start checking voltages everywhere and get pressure gauges and adaptors.
The cross over valve is 1 way flow so have you tried swapping over the feed and return hoses at the excavator? The reason for that valve is to circulate oil through the hydraulic motor on shut down and without it you'll stuff the motor.
Getting flow from both hoses looks like the both pressurize ? One should be return. Cross over looks like a relief or check valve when you shut off the flow, the rotor is a big flywheel,' and needs to run the motor as a pump, so the oil goes thru the cross over.
I didn’t try swapping hoses at the excavator, I’ll for sure try that this morning. Makes sense having that cross over check valve to allow the motor to spin down without being stuffed. I know of one guy that had his spinning backwards at first, but he must have swapped the hoses inadvertently on the hydraulic motor end I suppose. I’ll be sure to report back, but I have a good feeling swapping the hoses on the excavator end is the issue. Thanks!
My cat backhoes have the 1 way auxiliary flow on the opposite side from my TB180FR machines.
Did you depress the one way flow aux button on the button console? It has several different detents, it be depressed on the top of the three way switch. It is like the third button from the end of the switch bank. It has a picture of a breaker on it I believe.
That was it! Swapping the male and female flat face connectors on the stick and then reconnecting the hoses got it going like it should. The left control handle has a left right slide switch that does proportional flow control for AUX1. If I slowly move it to the left, the flail head starts to slowly spin. There are also 2 small buttons below the sliders, and pushing the left one spins it up. It stops again when I let go. However, there's a toggle switch on the switch bank (as @KSSS pointed out) that will make it so that you just push the A button once to spin it up, and again to stop it. I got a 2nd stop valve and welded it onto the first one (after first removing the guts from both of them) for a stock like case drain connection: Other side just has a single 1/2" stop valve: (in addition to the 3/4" AUX1 stop valve) Thanks for the assist in getting this thing working!