Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

TB280FR stall issues

Danny63 · 2023-08-18 17:14

I have a TB280FR that stalls when operating excavator. For main boom engine slows down. When bucket and frame fully extended it slows down till the point engine turns off. Any help will be appreciated.

Replies8
  1. #1Danny632023-08-18 17:20

    Only code I have is SPN 522610 FMI 9

  2. #2heymccall2023-08-18 17:36

    On all 8 of our Takeuchi, I've had problems with debris in fuel separator housing inlet elbow. Remove the assembly and clean out the inlet elbow.

  3. #3Danny632023-08-18 18:29

    I’ll take a look tomorrow I appreciate the help

  4. #4heymccall2023-08-18 19:09

    I can't find a TB280FR manual online to see the separator. On this site, nearly every thread on loss of power that I've participated in has reference to adding a Napa 3972 inline screen, and many have pictures. Search "3972" on here for more.

  5. #5Danny632023-08-19 16:32

    So I cleaned out debris still have the same issue when using hydraulics on equipment engine stalls and shuts down

  6. #6Ekimbel2023-09-27 22:43

    Your machine is derated. It's has an egr communication issue. Your torque is limited causing stall at medium to high load. Inspect the egr valve and wires for it.

  7. #7Danny632023-10-15 20:17

    I inspected wires and they are good checked voltage. olOnly getting power in 2 pins one is 3.2V and the other is 2.5V. Is this accurate or am I supposed to have 12V?

  8. #8keif2023-10-15 20:28

    When my 260 acted like that it was the egr pressure sensor. A nice takeuchi dealer should tell you what that code means over the phone.