Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

TD 15C Steering

Paul Roebuck ยท 2024-06-24 12:22

Just had the steering control cylinders repacked on my IH TD 15C. Put them back on and have a problem that wasn't there previously. Extremely hard to move the levers now plus the hose that connects the two cylinder assemblies is blowing off. This is a rubber hose held on by hose clamps (so it shouldn't be under much pressure, if any at all) at the rear of each assembly. I've adjusted the rods that connect to the booster arms per what I've read online but that hasn't helped. Suggestions? TIA

Replies7
  1. #1MarcusZ19672024-06-24 18:12

    I'll have access to the manuals again probably on Friday.

  2. #2Paul Roebuck2024-06-25 07:15

    Good deal.

  3. #3MarcusZ19672024-07-07 19:22

    OK, looks like the hose that is blowing should just go back to tank. Kinda hard to see, it's the faint gray line.

  4. #4MarcusZ19672024-07-07 19:32
  5. #5Paul Roebuck2024-07-08 07:14

    10-4. Makes sense. I'll arrange it that way and see how it works. Thanks!

  6. #6MarcusZ19672024-07-08 11:32

    I've never had to pull those boost cyls myself. I've got the OP/MAINT book, it covers both lever and foot adjustments. BTW, the only hoses that should have hose clamps is #3. If you have clamps on #2 someone needs their head examined. Those (#2) carry around 200-230 PSI.

  7. #7Paul Roebuck2024-07-10 08:04

    I agree. Hose clamps are only on hose 3 and Ive temporarily placed the ends of each hose into the ports that drain into the tank. Those ports are threaded and the fittings are missing. If I can find a hose barb w/correct threads I can install them as shown in the pic. Curious thing to me is that, prior to removing the cylinders the #3 hose did not drain to those ports but connected straight across to each cylinder. Somehow the steering worked. The only reason I pulled the cylinders was to have each one re-packed. Anyway, your input helped out a great deal. Thanks!