Was just wondering if anybody had any thoughts on a problem I'm dealing with on my Td 25 g. It is getting water in the oil it has a KT 19 C cummins engine that has got 12000 hrs on it. It runs fine just started running hot then pulled oil samples it had traces of antifreeze in the oil. Thinking liner issues but not sure. Any thoughts?
KT 19, thats a locomotive engine right?
It's the same as like a KTA 1150. A 19 liter engine.
K series were not immune to cavitation damage on the sleeves, Been keeping coolant additive or filters on it all this time with good coolant mix?
I would say they were prone to worm holes in the liners. Usually when that happened though the results were easy to see. Other possible leaks might be the injector coppers, cracked head or the upper liner lands in the block. I've also seen the rubber rings in the head gaskets get hard and start to leak. Has this machine seen some overheating in the past?
Only seen injector tubes leak after pulled injectors, KT's generally did not crack heads as I recall but upper liner counter bores would crack and would show when torn down during overhauls.