Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

TD 25c project

DB09 ยท 2016-05-14 22:44

I'm new to this site but I purchased a 25c recently site unseen. It was delivered and has been a project ever since. Would not steer with pivot brakes either side. While investigating the problem found a broken bell crank and cracked top rearend housing. Removed the top cover and found chipped ring gear teeth. Removed all the brake yokes and pads to get to where I could get rear end assembly out and looked at the back of transmission and found a bearing going out. 2 rollers have done came out. Any way I'm going to keep fixing I guess. Too far to turn back now lol. I have some pictures I'll try and get on here

Replies14
  1. #1caterpillar132016-05-14 23:04

    you might just cut your loses, this thing sounds like a money pit. dont know what you paid but you could end up putting more money in it than just junking it and starting out on a machine you know something about. (just my 2 cents)

  2. #2td25c2016-05-15 22:15

    Sounds like a project DB09 . Been there myself when you get to the point of no turning back on a machine Your working on my favorite dozer , classic machine . Performs like a bull in a china shop and operates like a Cadillac with the horsepower & two speed final drives . Love that tractor :thumbsup. Trouble finding parts give Chartrand equipment a call . http://www.chartrandequip.com/

  3. #3DB092016-05-16 07:00

    Thanks TD25 c it's good to talk with people that like these dozers. I've found people either love them or want nothing to do with them. I'm going to fix it. I like these ole tractors. I have a 25 b power shift that I still run some. The guys at blue ridge in Benton Illinois have been really helpful and have got the parts to fix the c. I'm looking forward to getting it back together.

  4. #4td25c2016-05-16 07:22

    The people that don't love a 25 never operated one . Ours is a 1972 model 25c . Have all service manuals if you need any pages . " I'm going to fix it ." I like your thinking :thumbsup

  5. #5DB092016-05-16 12:06

    This is a 74 model. I have all the manuels and a crane thank goodness. Wish I could get the pictures on here but someone smarter with computers will have to help. All my pictures are on my phone

  6. #6td25c2016-05-16 20:32

    That's cool , our tractors are from the same era . Couple threads on posting pictures , not sure how to transfer pictures from a phone myself . HeavyEquipmentForums HeavyEquipmentForums I will sure keep the guys at Blue Ridge in mind when looking for parts . http://www.brtractor.com/

  7. #7koldsteele2016-05-16 21:05

    DB09 if you quit drinkin beer with brother stack you'll get that turd polished .....lol

  8. #8DB092016-05-16 21:06

    Here is a picture of the c before tear down

  9. #9DB092016-05-16 21:11

    This is a 67 model 25 b.

  10. #10koldsteele2016-05-16 21:22

    see i told ya quit drinkin beer with Stack ...Them machines are going uphill all the time in those pics....

  11. #11koldsteele2016-05-16 21:24

    well if you aint gonna talk on here all seeya tomorrow i'll be at harmony acres ..

  12. #12DB092016-05-16 21:29

    What are you doing to that tractor. Is the rearend messed up

  13. #13DB092016-05-16 21:32

    That is stack running the b. Zoom in and check him out

  14. #14td25c2016-05-16 22:19

    LOL ! Got the 25's upright again .