Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

TD25 Track Adjuster Question

mbvigil ยท 2011-05-20 14:12

I was wondering if anyone can help me with some information or advice with my dozer. The right side track adjuster seal is leaking and the track wont stay tight for long. I need to do about 80 hours worth of work rebuilding some stock tanks, mostly dry land, but Im concerned about the track. Its not so loose that it "pops" but it does have slack in it. It's in a remote area and I can't get a mechanic out there soon. Will it damage the sprocket or trans if I work it? Thanks for your input -Matt

Replies2
  1. #1jeff1122011-05-20 20:28

    I would just keep filling it with heavy grease! check it often,if the tracks are not climbing off the sprockets and idlers you should be ok,use the hi low to turn try not to brake turn.

  2. #2mbvigil2011-05-23 20:11

    Ok thanks for the help