Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Td8e track adjuster seal

samsstuff · 2023-01-03 16:41

I've got to replace my track adjuster seal, is it possible to remove track with dozer jacked up without splitting track, I did it this way on my td7 but chains were wore out and floppy loose, this td8 is in alot better shape, thanks ahead time.

Replies4
  1. #1Acecadet2023-01-03 17:55

    Depending on how worn out the pins and bushings are, I suppose it is possible. A good track may be tough to get back on later. I just knock the master pins out after positioning them up a ways on the idler. I prefer a large drift with a wooden handle taped to it and someone swinging a large sledgehammer. Don’t mess with a light hammer or you will mushroom the end of the pin.

  2. #2samsstuff2023-01-03 21:05
  3. #3samsstuff2023-01-03 21:06

    Thanks for the information, I'd done it with the td7 but it's real sloppy and not near as wide of pads, I got a mini x to pick them up but it still might be near impossible

  4. #4samsstuff2023-01-14 16:47

    Got the track adjuster seals back in, chains weren't as sloppy as my td7 but was doable without splitting track, I tried put pictures on here but it said error