Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

td8g hyd control valve trouble

george shrader ยท 2023-02-19 12:01

hello everyone , Im new here and need some help, I have just bought a td8g dozer, The swing cyls and the tilt cyl s would only work in one direction, and operated slow, The lift cyl [witch were just repacked] work great will lift the dozer off the ground with no effort, we have new hyd oil and filter, We just repacked the 3 cyl s and the same thing, but when we were messing with the controls we found that if you pull both handles at the same time it would actuate the swing and tilt If you swing the blade all the way in one direction the tilt would work in one direction and visa versa, Is this a bad control valve, crossed lines ? any help is appreciated thanks george

Replies5
  1. #1Acecadet2023-02-19 18:53

    Sounds like you crossed some lines when you repacked the cylinders.

  2. #2Tones2023-02-19 19:46

    Either this or you have a 0ring problem in the control block allowing oil to bypass.

  3. #3george shrader2023-02-20 08:29

    Thanks for the help guys, I found the problem, When i got the machine the owner had just replaced alot of hoses, so i just started to trace them all out [ what a job] and sure enough they had 2 switched the tilt went to the swing cyl. works great now thanks again. george

  4. #4Willie B2023-02-20 10:04

    I have TD7G & I have the manuals that also cover TD8G.

  5. #5george shrader2023-02-21 09:13

    Thanks Willie B , I have the manuel also , you have a nice looking dozer. george