Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Tearing down a old Allis 7G

DMiller ยท 2013-07-25 20:55

An old 7G has seen its last load, I bought it as a parts wagon and so it comes to this. I own another, within 60 units by s/n of this one, mostly spare parts for me.

Replies4
  1. #1wosama931b2013-07-26 21:15

    Hi Miller, Have you seen the hotrod track machines that some people are building, looks like still has a few good parts, have fun, sam.

  2. #2DMiller2013-07-28 10:22

    Any sites to look to for those hotrod machines? Old monster wwas pretty much complete when I got it, just well abused and worn slick, engine was apart and in the weather too long but yes a lot of good spares for me after which a couple ton of scraps. Old Allis's, labor of love or hate whichever you choose! This is as is currently.

  3. #3wosama931b2013-07-28 11:28

    Hello DMiller, Take a look at the Ripsaw machine at offroadgodzilla on youtube, that thing is fast. Nice photo of your shop building, have a great day,sam.

  4. #4DMiller2013-07-28 14:44

    All too fast for me, I have had to re-install a slipped rail, would want to see where that monster would throw one! I have been doing some minor mods to my running 7G got tired of two stick loader control. Not exactly perfect, geometry is a little off(diagonals as move fore/aft some) but works well enough for me.