Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

TeeJet GPS question

Legdoc ยท 2008-02-04 14:12

Has anyone had experience with a GPS guide such as a TeeJet for spraying or fertilizing in place of a foam marker?

Replies3
  1. #1stumpjumper832008-02-04 17:21

    I've delt with them a little when I was with an ag dealer who handled a product known as auto farm. The one I delt with the most was integrated with an auto steering program in conjunction with a light bar. There are different levels of accuracy which correspond to different price levels. Some use costguard satilites for accuracy, some require a permanent base station. If I was buying one I'd get one that i could move between several tractors and or the combine. I'd also get one that interfaces with other field monitoring equipmeent like a yield monitor, I'd also go for one that has a removable memory card that I can upload stuff on to a pc or laptop. I'd try to get 2" or better accuracy, if your going to spend the money, you should get a return for that money. With a 10' tool and as a human driver you can use 9' of you machine, and with a computer driving you can use 10' of your machine, thats a 10% savings in fuel economy, 10% less wear and tear on equipment, and 10% less time.

  2. #2JimBean2011-08-16 14:14

    I knew very little about this at first, and my biggest learning issue dealt with the auto steering and boom section control. So after google'ing " teejet " many times I found a great group of customer service reps that helped me with my gps -to utilize the grain loss feature. check it out - hopes it helps you like it did me. Do you use that feature? or is it something else you are running into problems with?

  3. #371202011-08-17 22:18

    I have no exp. with teejet's system. I have ran outback and ag leader systems. I am a huge ag leader fan but all have their place. Are you just wanting a lightbar or is there a need to have auto swath? This turns off boom sections to minimize overlap I don't know what teejet calls it. I use auto swath on both planters and the sprayer. That system has a quick return on your investment. Ag leader is nice since you can update and unlock functions as the need arises. Start simple but be sure you can build on later. It is addicting when it works.