Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Teeth

CBS ยท 2011-02-12 23:40

i got this hoe on a demo i got frost teeth to put on but its got these flat looking teeth ive never seen them used around here i took some pics do u thinbk they would work in frozen ground or what may there purpose be? thanks http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/9884/teeth1.jpg http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/6884/teethw.jpg

Replies5
  1. #1willie592011-02-13 00:06

    Wow CBS...really hard for us to see anything in those pics. But from what I could see, very wide tooth. Good for soft or sandy soils. For rock or frost ground...forget it.

  2. #2CBS2011-02-13 00:34

    yes very wide i didnt even downsize them stupid pictures i have no ide why ther so small i didnt notice that

  3. #3ddigger2011-02-13 00:45

    I call those paddle teeth, I only use them when finishing slopes, or smooth finished excavations, in soft soil conditions. On my machine they are about 120 bucks apiece, so I only use them when the conditions are right. On my bucket the space left between the teeth is only about 1/2 inch.

  4. #4CBS2011-02-13 00:47

    ok awesome info im pulling em off just never seen that style around here before thers maybe a half inch between them also

  5. #5stumpjumper832011-02-13 07:55

    I was a the deere dealer about a year ago and they had some rubber/plastic teeth down there that kinda looked like that. They called them swampers for gettin in close to gas lines and stuff. I do remember them being expensive though.