Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Teeth for a front bucket

Reylocs ยท 2012-11-18 07:49

We are trying to put teeth on the front bucket of our JD 410C Backhoe. Where do I purchase a toothed bar or what teeth do I get to make my own. Shawn

Replies4
  1. #1dirtmonkey2012-11-18 10:32

    You might look into a serrated cutting edge. Its made by Rizlo ? Sorry don't know the proper name or spelling. I've bee thinking about that myself. Benifits of smooth and tooth bucket. Just don't know how aggressive the digging will be. A normal tooth may be better.

  2. #2dirtmonkey2012-11-18 10:48

    Just found it on google. Rezloh. Looks expensive :jawdrop:OMG

  3. #3JGS Parts2012-11-18 12:16

    yeah there prices online are steep to say the lease i think i would just be going with some bolt on teeth and if in a real pinch even seen guys welding on excavator teeth

  4. #4joe--h2012-11-18 14:50

    Build your own I bought teeth from Terra-cut supply in BC Canada. They were drop shipped from Fabco in Ohio. They were way cheaper than buying anywhere in the states. Got 10 F-SA-15625 shanks 10 F-8002 teeth and the pins for $153 with $50 of that being the shipping. Welded the teeth to a piece of 1/2" x 4" strap. The shanks slide over the bucket lip to locate it, drilled through the existing holes in the bucket to secure it. For what a 90" tooth bar costs I could build 2 or 3. http://www.fabco-inc.com/groundengaging/products.asp I down loaded the catalog and printed out the shank profile drawings until I found 1 that would fit my bucket with the plate on it. Joe H