Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Teeth for ripper shanks

Sanya_Promstal · 2019-03-06 02:24

Men! Search the forum did not give me results. I want to know the reviews on the teeth for shanks from different manufacturers. Interested in the experience of actual operation and the ratio "price-quality".

Replies6
  1. #1DefenderHD2019-03-07 16:58

    I would have to say that ESCO product is hands down number one for GET. They are a little more then others but you get way more time out of them. I’ve used them from D6 all the way to D10. Also had custom buckets built for large loaders and excavators on placer mining operations.

  2. #2John C.2019-03-07 20:50

    I'm all for ESCO products. Years ago the operation I was at had a Komatsu D375 being used in a rip and push show for removing glacial till overburden. The Komatsu ripper tooth lasted about a day or 8 hours. We changed to the Cat system with a D10 tooth and got about two hours. The ESCO rep came through the office and offered a free weld on nose if we could buy a case of teeth and he guaranteed these would be the best. With those teeth we were getting between 32 and 40 hours per tooth. Ripping costs went way down and so did blasting costs.

  3. #3Sanya_Promstal2019-03-11 03:03

    How does Hensley and BYG?

  4. #4John C.2019-03-11 10:50

    Hensley was always a middle of the road product. It didn't last as long as Cat on excavators and wheel loaders but was always less expensive to buy and was usually easy to get in a hurry because a lot of companies carried it. I don't know anything about BYG.

  5. #5Nige2019-03-13 16:24

    We've ditched Hensley in favour of the latest offering from Esco on our Hitachi EX3600 fleet. Better cost/m3 moved with Esco, also less dropped teeth.

  6. #6Sanya_Promstal2019-04-09 18:09

    Men, anyone met forged teeth?