Hello, new on the forum. Trying to get a particular answer to help me out. I often rent telehandlers to perform odd jobs. One such job requires a particular size of industry forks to fit inside a customers shipping crate. I believe the channel they engineered into the frame for picking the item up by the for runs around the 2.5" high by 7.5" to 8" wide channel. This works great at their location to offload product. That product comes from our end. I'm guessing the have a paved lot for flatbeds to pull into and they simply drive the solid wheel toyota or Clark or CAT forklift over and unload. From there they simply drive into their concrete floor facilities. My issue is as follows: I need to rent a telehandler for the monthly on so loading or offloading of the shipping crate. Behind my facilities is a very rough and uneven gravel lot. For this reason I use a telehandler. The problem is with the described dimensions of their container frame, not all telehandler forks are dimensionaly the same. To fit that size I need a smaller telehandle, say 8K unit with around a set of 60" forks. HERE LIES MY PROBLEM. The rental facility doesn't always have this smaller size available. A 10K unit is almost always a go, but the forks are too thick. So, my solution is to purchase a carriage with these smaller forks! They have the 8K unit available for the particular day, great. Only a 10K unit like the familiar Genie 10-56, no problem. Pull the pin, unhook their assembly and pick up my set I purchased. THIS IS MY QUESTION. I have nbo garantee that this unit will be a Genie or say JLG. Can you buy, or are there available a product model that will be universal and fit a wide variety of " hook up " set ups from the various mainstream manufacturers?? Thank You
Skid loader "quick attach" in most brands are a universal hook up. There's still some oddball old stuff around/ old new holland and mustang, etc, but most of the new stuff is the same. Telehandler quick attach are all over in dimensions/ hook up. The only way to have exactly what you want, is going to be to own your own machine. There should be a "standard", but there isn't. You would be better off having your own set of shaft attach forks, than a quick attach plate, there's probably more commonality in the shaft size, and height of the forks, than attach plate. But good luck getting a set of rental forks off and on, usually the shaft is bent.