Hi All Hoping to see where i should start with our Lull 1044c-54. The brakes are grabbing pretty bad and its making it difficult if not unsafe to operate. Is there a procedure for adjusting the brakes or are the wearable parts just shot would you say? This is a 2009 model with 5600 hours. I have seen other posts online where flushing out the rear end may help. Should i start there would you say? Thanks
Check on JLG website. I recall they have some Lull manuals on there. Do the brakes chatter or growl? There could possibly be a friction modifier that needs to be added to the oil.
Not making any noises I can hear. Couldn't find anything on jlgs website. It says refer to zf manual which I don't have and can't find online.
I don't know if this is relevant but if the accumulator is bad that'll make the brakes act funny. When you push the brakes there's nothing, nothing, face through the windshield. I don't know if that's what you have going on but that's what a bad accumulator will do.
Start with additive for disc brakes. If there is none in there it will get graby.
Accumulator makes sense. I'll check the pressure.
are the brakes on a lull internal inside the axle?
First things first check brake pressure. Takes hydraulic pressure to release the brakes if your on the low side your brakes aren't going to go off fully when you release the park brake.
barklee what is your email address ?If you like I can send you the ZF axle manuals .