This took me a while to find, cost me around $250. I just wanted to put it out there for anyone else looking.
I don't know what happened to the file I uploaded, DM me if you're looking.
Hey, I found the "service Manual", this is a level up on the Owners Manual for my SU series Bucket/boom. I have a question about a replacement replay if you could have a look. The pic with the wires attached is my relay and of the the pic(s) without the wires is a possible replacement. I have a question about a terminal location that does not match. Position "6" on the new relay has no terminal. The numbers mostly match but the voltages all match and the diagram of the switching is correct. It's just that terminal number 6 that does not exist on the new relay. ANy thoughts? I have to properly scan the service manual before I can share it. Lots of really good info in the manual.
Are you sure it actually matches? what's the relay for? Is it the time delay relay for the positive leveling? It looks like the same relay as the other except the contact is on the other side making me think it's NO instead of NC or vise versa.
That is the question. Is it the same? All of the data on the side label is exactly the same. I think the relay is "type" is pretty common. Its a switching relay The bottom area circled is position 6 on both, but the new one does not have a male terminal. The spot where the terminal is strange if you look at the first screen shot pic above. There is a place for a terminal or something else... i.e. what is on my position #6. Also, there is a coil that is not part of the relay but soldered to it. I guess its a coil. I circled where it has been terminated.
Here is the pic I was referring to where #6 is missing. Not sure what I was going to say about it. #6 terminal circled and missing on the new relay, is different in that the blade does not poke through the black abs plastic and seems to be surface mounted. You will notice on the new relay there is a space for this terminal to be placed. Maybe the placement is just so a blade can be placed there to be connected the coil. Just trying to figure it out as it looks like the entire replay is "rigged" to work for the needs of the boom lift.
Damn thing wont take the image
finally
The relay allows to put the bucket in the "store" position. Basically rotating it up and out of the way to see better when driving. Are you the guy I was chatting with that got stuck a couple of times? I am on three forums and I can't find the conversation. Sorry for throwing you right in the middle of my problem if its not you.
I replaced that relay with the grt8-b1a230 relay off Amazon for $20. That's! capacitor soldered to it. I turned the delay to .5 second. Works great. you will have to get creative on attaching it to the panel. I just let mine hang loose. wires 66 and ground to terminals a1 and a2, wires 60 and 21 to terminals 15 and 18. It has two dials. the first I have have set to 1m, the second dials is set to 50%. I meant to set the first to 1s, I only just noticed i set it wrong. It's been working great, next time I run it I'll set it correctly. it's supposed to delay for .5 seconds according to the service manual.
And yes, I believe I chatted with you before.
These forums make it next to impossible to find conversations and they all use basically the same model. And they have not changed in over 20 years. Wow, that relay is a departure from the original. Did this relay allow you to get rid of the capacitor?
What year is your truck? My 1990 F350 is actually an F59 and has the most violent death wobble. Do you have any experience working to resolve that? I am sure every bushing is completely shot. I know the "king bearing?" could be an issue but that would be the last thing I tackle as requires complete disassembly of the everything on both front wheels and that seems like trouble just waiting to happen.
This is my front end. I know there are many different ones. I think this is called a drop beam.
Yes, the capacitor was the means of timing. The new one is all internal
Just ordered it. Thanks
Glad to help